Setup and deploy your Reseller Hosting account with NameHero in five minutes:
1) Select your Reseller Hosting Package
2) Select your billing cycle under Order Now
- All prices shown reflect our new customer discount, which at the time of this screenshot is 45% off. The discount applies to your first invoice, therefore the longer you signup, the more you save, as reflected above (i.e. 3 year term is $23.07/mo where as a 1 year term is $27.47/mo).
- After your first billing term, the renewal price is reflected beside "normally".
- By default all Reseller Hosting packages deploy in our United States datacenter, if you'd like to deploy in our Amsterdam, Netherlands datacenter, click the Show NL Datacenter Packages to toggle.
3) Enter the Domain you wish to use for your package
The primary domain for your Reseller Hosting package will be your main website where your customers will go to signup for web hosting.
- Register a new domain - This option assumes you do not have a domain for your website and you wish to register a new one.
- Transfer your domain from another registrar - This option assumes you already have your domain (i.e. at another registrar such as GoDaddy or with your current web host) and you want to move it over to NameHero. If you select this option, please make sure you have your domain's EPP or Authorization code from your current provider and that the transfer lock is off (most providers allow you to accomplish this in your control panel). Please note: if you select a 2-year or 3-year billing term, the domain transfer is free for the first year for domains that end in .com, .net, .org, .mobi, .us, .biz, or .co.uk.
- I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers - This option assumes you already have your domain (either with us at NameHero or at another provider) and you will update your nameservers manually to the ones assigned to your package (they'll be in your welcome email as well as in our client portal).
4) Configure your Package with any extras
- DropMySite Auto Backups - NameHero provides complimentary nightly and weekly offsite backups you can easily access inside of cPanel. If you'd like to have up to 30-days of additional offsite backups, you may select a backup quota. The prices shown are per month and you can upgrade at anytime (i.e. 5GB is $1.99/mo). These backups are also available inside of cPanel and can be restored on-demand. DropMySite is only available for your primary Reseller domain, this option is not available to your end users.
- SitePad Website Builder - If you'd like to offer your customers a Website Builder in their web hosting package, you may add this option for $5/mo. This is for an unlimited license, meaning you can offer this to all (or some) of your customers.
- Dedicated IP Address - Select this option if you'd like a dedicated IP address for your package that all your end user's will share. This provides a higher level of email deliverability and also gives the outward Internet the appearance you're on a dedicated node. This is especially beneficial to companies/organizations with multiple people planning to use email.
- WHMCS License - Our Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Reseller accounts come with a Free WHMCS Starter license which includes a "powered by" WHMCS link. If you'd like to remove this branding, select this option.
- SSL Certifications - NameHero provides free and automatic SSL certificates for all accounts. However, this option provides a Wildcard SSL certificate which is especially useful for those doing "multisite" with WordPress. Additionally eCommerce / Business websites will select this option to have a premium SSL certificate, not from Let's Encrypt.
5) Configure your domain
If you selected Register a new domain or Transfer your domain from another registrar, you'll need to configure some additional options:
- DNS Management - This option provides the ability to manage/add DNS records for your domain. If you're ordering web hosting, you do not need this option. This is primarily for those that are ordering a domain without hosting.
- ID Protection - When you register a domain, your full name, address, phone number, and email address are stored in a public database called the Whois Database. This gives anyone the ability to see who owns a domain. ID Protection masks your personal information using our WhoisHero service that acts as a proxy, passing along legitimate correspondence to your, while protecting you from Spam/Marketing solicitation. (Highly Recommended)
- Email Forwarding - This option allows you to forward custom email addresses @yournewdomain.com to an existing email account (such as your @gmail.com). If you're ordering web hosting, you do not need this option. This is primarily for those that are ordering a domain without hosting.
6) Review your cart
This screen puts together all of the options you've selected, displays the pricing, and also applies any applicable promotional code you may have used.
In the above example, you will see there are two items in the cart; Platinum Reseller Hosting package and a Domain Registration.
The Platinum Reseller shows all the configurations as well as their pricing. Since I didn't add any in this example, they simply say "No" beside each. The subtotal is $1,510.20 which is billed every 3-years.
You can see my domain renews at $15.96 each year ($12.98/domain + $2.98/ID protection).
This example uses a promotional code, which takes 45% off my first billing cycle, in this case for 3-years, saving me $679.59.
The order summary breaks down all the pricing, shows my discount, as well as the recurring charges I can expect.
The checkout process begins with creating your NameHero account.
If you're an existing customer/already have an account you can click the Already Registered button and login.
It's important that you enter valid personal information as we utilize verification software to ensure that it is accurate. If you're placing your order from an alternative location from your billing address, additional verification maybe necessary to complete your signup.
Under Additional Required Information, you'll need to enter a four-digit Support PIN that will be used if you ever need to call into support or verify that you're the legitimate owner of the account. Please be sure to write this down as it will not be shown again, for your security.
Since this example is registering a new domain, it's going to use your Billing Address as the default domain contact. If you're registering the domain on behalf of a client, you can select the drop down to enter their contact information.
Finally, you should use the Generate Password button to generate a strong, unique password for your account. Please make sure to write this down or store in a password manager.
8) Enter payment details
We recommend using the default Credit Card option to pay for your account. We accept all major credit and debit cards including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express (look for the logo on the front of your card). The CVV/CVC2 code is normally an unique three-digit code found on the back of your card (four-digit on the front for Amex).
We also recommend entering a name for your card so you can easily identify it on your account. By default, this card will be used for your future renewals/invoices so you never have any lapse in service or lose your domain for failure to renew each year.
PayPal - Some customers wish to pay with PayPal which we also accept. PayPal allows you to pay with any major credit/debit card as well as the ability to send an eCheck from your bank account. Please note: eChecks can take up to five-business days to clear and your account will not active until it has done so.
Coinbase - You may also pay your invoice with crypto currency such as Bitcoin (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), or other popular crypto currencies supported by Coinbase. Please note: You're not required to have an account with Coinbase you may send with any applicable wallet address (i.e. BTC).
Credit Card (Stripe) - For those customers located outside of the United States, you may wish to use Stripe to process an International Credit Card. Specifically, if you're paying with a debit card provided by Payoneer, you must use Stripe for the transaction to go through.
Superhero Specials - From time-to-time we may send exclusive marketing opportunities to your email, including renewal coupons/discounts. You may opt out of these here by clicking this toggle.
Read Our Terms - It's VERY important that you read through our Terms of Service which includes our Acceptable Usage and Payment Policy so you understand the type of content we do not allow (i.e. zero tolerance adult content) and how we handle renewals, refunds, and other payment items. Resellers must ensure their resold accounts also abide by these Terms and it is the responsibility for the Reseller to monitor. Failure to do so could result in entire account termination.
Once you click Complete Order, your information will be validated, and as long as successful, your account will Instantly Activate. You will then be directed to our Client Area where you can begin managing/using your account and sent a Welcome Email with all of the details.
- MaxMind Error - If we are unable to automatically verify the details you entered, you maybe shown a MaxMind Error that directs you to open a request with our Billing Team to provide the verification manually. Please send a photo copy of a valid, government issued ID (i.e. drivers license/passport), a current utility bill/banking statement (that matches the address on your ID card), and photo copy if your physical credit/debit card (you may black out all but last four digits). This will allow our team to quickly verify your details and help you get your account online ASAP.
- Credit Card Declined - Your financial institution may decline your credit/debit card for a variety of reasons. Most provide very generic replies to our system, so it's best to call the number on the back of your card to see why it was declined. You may manually reattempt the charge by navigating to the invoices in your account, clicking on the invoice, and clicking "Pay Now." You can also change your payment method on this screen.
- PayPal eCheck - If you used PayPal as your payment method and your account doesn't immediately come online, you may have sent an eCheck which must first clear your bank. As noted above, this may take up to five business days, so you would need to contact PayPal's customer service team to resolve.
- Domain Registration/Transfer Pending - Most all domain transfers are instantly submitted to your current provider, but they must approve the transfer. This process can take up to five business days, but you may begin using your hosting account immediately. Simply update your nameservers at your current provider to the ones provided in your welcome email and they'll automatically transfer over. Likewise, most domain registrations are submitted instantly, in real time, however some TLDs require additional information. Our team will reach out if action is required on your end.